The Dutch Reformed Church is one of the oldest churches in St. Thomas having been built around 1695 and rebuilt many times.
Its most recent consecration was in 1834 by Reverend Bagger.
The baptismal font, which is still in operation, is inscribed in Danish.
It reads, "This font with its marble stand was given to the church of the Lord of Sabath in St. Croix by Councillor Johannes Sobotker in memorial of his son, Adam Levin Sobotker, having been the first child baptized in the church in 1760."
"Glory to God alone."
This is a beautiful notecard of the church and view of the St. Thomas harbor during Danish times.